Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Gas prices pump students for money


Nathan Powell

With gas prices climing higher, students are starting to have to pick what it is they want to do. Should they go see that concert or should they stay on campus, or get friends to help with gas.
For some students it is not a matter of going to parties or traveling, it is just being able to go to class. These students are the commuters. Some have to travel a good distance to get to campus. They are always looking to see how much gas is and how they are going to make it through the week on a tank of gas.
“The effect gas prices has on me as a commuter determines how many days of class I will have to miss," said Donald Gartrell, 41, Wagoner sophomore. "For example. On Fridays, I only have two out of three classes.  If one of those two cancel then I will not drive from Wagoner to NSU for just one class.  It also cuts down on the time I would come and spend in the lab working on projects. I do not get involved in any of the numerous campus activities because I do not want to use any extra gas for extra functions.”
Gas prices are expected to reach up to $4 a gallon this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment